A group of believers from the Netcong Baptist Church (now Grace on the Mount) started a Baptist congregation in Dover, New Jersey in the winter of 1892. Their first meeting was held in Bennett’s Hall on Blackwell St on February 22. Twenty months later 39 charter members became the First Baptist Church of Dover, New Jersey.
Property was located at 65 Bennett Ave and the church remained there until 1975 when a new building was built at 126 Mt. Pleasant Ave, Rockaway, New Jersey. Today the church resides on a nine and a half acre tract with fourteen thousand square feet of buildings including an auditorium, fellowship hall and educational facility. God has blessed!